Friday, August 20, 2010

Lady Gouda and Nerdy Curdy in the News!

Ladies and Gentleman I have an announcement!
I just finished making the cheeses and butters that are now awaiting Judgment day in Seattle for the 2010 American Cheese Society annual cheese competition! OMG my cheeses will be competing against all the Big Guys throughout North America. I was planning on sort of pretending/ignoring the fact that I have entered four of my favorite products into the competition this year because I thought that I couldn't bare to have so many people know, but then I changed my mind, as I am apt to do (because I am whimsical and bc I am certain my chances of winning are higher if I submit my cheese.)

Jacobs Creamery certainly would not be here today if it wasn't for my tenacious spirit and along with my tenacity is a whole lot of hard work (and milk of course)! I don't give up easily so if it so happens that I am not an award winning blue ribbon holding Cheese Czarina by the end of the month than those Judges have another thing coming. I will continue to submit my cheeses until they realize what wonderful texture, flavor and charisma they have! SO there!
The competition is part of a conference Cheese-a-Topia! which is an event entirely dedicated to cheese and everything that surrounds it.
Cheese-o-philes come from all over the country and world to participate and I am deeply saddened that I will be unable to go. However a select someone has my mobile number and I will be called during the award ceremony (with the news!).

I am also deeply saddened by the fact that my most wonderful Twins (Ashley and Jacque) will soon be departing-good luck at school girls (you will be missed). I must say that I think that I have the most wonderful cheese slinging crew ever! Thankfully Vanae is still with us although she too will soon be departing as she will soon have a very new member of her family that will need her attention :) Added to the dairy babe ensemble is Emma who always has a lot to say and is starting to develop some cooler hauling muscles and Becky! Becky has volunteered for the American Cheese Society in Seattle and will likely be cutting all the cheeses for the competition! I feel so very lucky to have such wonderful ladies to work with.


New this week is cheddar cheese curds! Since our production of cheddar is successfully underway I have pulled out some of the hand milled curds for your enjoyment. So far we have the Nerdy Curdy original and Hhhhhot n Spicey! (which is somewhere between you feeling like you need to strip off all your clothes and run into the Willamette river and pure fiery enjoyment for your mouth with a smoked edge) and the Salt n Pepper which has some black and white cracked pepper! They are very very very skweaky and fun to eat.
For those of you waiting in anticipation for our other new cheese please remember Lady Gouda is maturing and will make her first live appearance in the fall.

Sadly this week Madam Honey Greek and Senior Fromage Blanc ran away together and will not be appearing at the JC booths. Hopefully they will be back the following week.

All right that is all folks! Please eat more dairy and farm fresh eggs (you know what happens when you eat eggs from the store now) and come try some of our Nerdy Curdies this week!

Tatata
Yours respectfully,
Cheese Czarina

No comments:

Post a Comment